Datastore Sync Job, only sync last n backup

eai_sus

Apr 3, 2022
Hello all,
is it possible for the sync job to decide that i only want sync last n backups?

I´m on the Version 2.4-1

Thanks for answers :)

I don't think so. As a workaround you could create two namespaces on one node. One namespace where you write all your backups to and for example set pruning to only keep the last 5 backup snapshots (lets call it "short"). Then another namespace where you set the pruning to keep the last 100 backup snapshots (lets call it "long"). Then you could set up a local sync job to pull all backup snapshots from "short" to "long".
Another offsite PBS then could have a datastore and a sync job pulling only data from the "short" namespace, so only the last 5 backup snapshot would be synced.
As all data of a datastore gets deduplicated (even when in different namespaces) this shouldn't consume additional space.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!