CVE-2016-5195 Dirty COW

new kernel with the fix is already on pvetest and will go to the stable repositories next week.
(pve-kernel-4.4.21-1-pve: 4.4.21-70)

Reactions: benitoll
Hey is there any chance the fix will be released for squeeze?

PVE 2.x based on Debian Squeeze is not supported anymore (since May 2014!)

yes, updates with the fix are available in pve-no-subscription and pve-enterprise (since last week)

Hi I try to update my proxmox server 3.2 because of a dirty cow attack but when I try to update there is a 401 error to get the files on the server. Any way to solve this?

From what repository you get this error?

From what repository you get this error?

I think I'm doing it the wrong way.

I got installed my proxmox server from soyoustart (OVH) and I actually receave this message when I log in

"You do not have a valid subscription for this server. Please visit www.proxmox.com to get a list of available options."

As I just got hacked beacause of the Dirty COW vulnerability I realy need to make something

I think I'm doing it the wrong way.

I got installed my proxmox server from soyoustart (OVH) and I actually receave this message when I log in

"You do not have a valid subscription for this server. Please visit www.proxmox.com to get a list of available options."

As I just got hacked beacause of the Dirty COW vulnerability I realy need to make something

By the way I tried to add the enterprise repository but as I seem not having a subscription key it's probably the wrong way

Sorry but PVE 3.2 is over 4 years old, so if you really get hacked an update will not fix the situation.

Only a clean installation will secure your system.

Sorry but PVE 3.2 is over 4 years old, so if you really get hacked an update will not fix the situation.

Only a clean installation will secure your system.
Ok how long would it take to backup my openvz CT's, convert them to get back my apps ?

Ok how long would it take to backup my openvz CT's, convert them to get back my apps ?
Would you tell me what backup method do to advise : Snapshot? Suspend? stop? and what compression for a good convertion.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!