[SOLVED] Custom certificates do not understand what goes on

muekno

Dec 15, 2023
I have a private CA I singe all certificates for my internal servers. All our browsers trust that CA. So I can access all my internal web sites without browser warning.
No I created a pve.mydomain.de certificate. And used the GUI to upload. But not the expected certificates are seen but a new pveproxy-ssl.pem with alternate names of my server name and my server IP Address, valid for one year and not for 2 as my created certificate.
The browser (Chrom) accepts the certificate as valid but the connection as unsecure.

Why, why a new certificate, why not for two years as I linke, why still the unsecure warning.

P.S. I can not use Lets Encrypt as my servers are not reachable from the internet and if the via reverse proxy.

Dont know why but suddendly my browser does not only accept the certificate but also recognizes the connection as secure, so everything is fine

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!