[SOLVED] "create storage failed: pbs: error fetching datastores - 500 Can't connect to xx.xx.xx.xx:8007 (Connection refused) (500)"

mmmzon

Mar 30, 2024
Hello forum members,

I had a working setup with a backup server successfully running through backup tasks for a number of days (close to 4 weeks). I had to power the backup server down and now whenever I try to associate the backup server with a VE node, I get the following error: "create storage failed: pbs: error fetching datastores - 500 Can't connect to 192.168.150.38:8007 (Connection refused) (500)"

1713999320931.png

I checked the password, username, IP reachability between both nodes (they are on the same L2 segment), firewall rules (no firewalls, since they are on the same L2 segment and can talk directly), etc. I am stumped as to what might be going on in here.

The backup server is operating normally, has access to the backup store, user settings look correctly

1713999435355.png

1713999464526.png

1713999483420.png

1713999524068.png

so I do not think it is an issue with the store or the backup server configuration itself. It seems more of a communication issue between nodes or something not running correctly on the backup server side.

No updates have been made to the backup server since it was installed.

Anything else I should be looking at?

M

Last edited:
Running a tcpdummp on backup server and looking for any communication from my VE node (192.168.150.6) and trying to add storage - I do not see even an attempt to send anything to .38 pbs host.

Code:
root@pbs:~# tcpdump -i enp6s18 host 192.168.150.6
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v[v]... for full protocol decode
listening on enp6s18, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), snapshot length 262144 bytes
^C
0 packets captured
6 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

OK, self induced problem. It seems that some device encroached on the very same address, causing problems. I will go back to my corner and wear a cone of shame.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!