Create ISO from phisical DVDrom

johjoh

Feb 4, 2011
Hello,
it's possible to create an ISO into repository directly from phicisal DVDrom of the server?
What's the correct command?

Thank you

Thank you diaolin
(Grazie diaolin ;-)

And for check write performance of the Megaraid SAS controller what are a good method? I think that both driver LSI Megaraid SAS and Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller are old.
(E se volessi testare le performance del mio controller Megaraid SAS qual'è un buon metodo? Temo che i driver siano vecchi sia dell' LSI Megaraid SAS che della scheda di rete gigabit dell' Intel, non sono soddisfatto della velocità ma per ora solo a pelle, vorrei testarle meglio)

Yhank you
(Grazie)

Thank you diaolin
(Grazie diaolin ;-)

And for check write performance of the Megaraid SAS controller what are a good method? I think that both driver LSI Megaraid SAS and Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller are old.
(E se volessi testare le performance del mio controller Megaraid SAS qual'è un buon metodo? Temo che i driver siano vecchi sia dell' LSI Megaraid SAS che della scheda di rete gigabit dell' Intel, non sono soddisfatto della velocità ma per ora solo a pelle, vorrei testarle meglio)

Yhank you
(Grazie)
Hi,
there are a lot of choises. bonie++ is one.

But normaly is an "dd" sufficient. If you have an filesystem mounted from the megaraid, go to this directory and do an
Code:
dd if=/deb/zero of=bigfile bs=1024k count=8192 conv=fdatasync
This wrote 8GB to the filesystem and synced the cache.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!