Create a rule for maximum message size

jimmyone

Jul 14, 2008
Hi @ all,

tell me, is it possible in Proxmox Mailgateway 2.3 last Update release, to create a rule which checks the message size...

The idea is, when a mail exceeds a maximum message size, the mail will not be transfered.
Currently Excange will refuse a message... But i think it's better when this kind of mail will be directly refused on the mailgate...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jimmy

Edit: Or is there a default maximum message size configured?

Last edited:
Hi @ all,

tell me, is it possible in Proxmox Mailgateway 2.3 last Update release, to create a rule which checks the message size...

The idea is, when a mail exceeds a maximum message size, the mail will not be transfered.
Currently Excange will refuse a message... But i think it's better when this kind of mail will be directly refused on the mailgate...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jimmy

Edit: Or is there a default maximum message size configured?

yes, see Mail Proxy/Options.

OK, thanks for the answer....
But this is a global setting for In- and Outgoing Mail, or?

Is it possible to define a rule in which i can set a value explicit for In and Outgoing Mails?

So that i have a difference between In and Outgoing...
Perhaps it could be that we define all Mails in the direction out with no restriction and mails in the direction in have a restriction in the message size...

OK, thanks for the answer....
But this is a global setting for In- and Outgoing Mail, or?

Is it possible to define a rule in which i can set a value explicit for In and Outgoing Mails?

So that i have a difference between In and Outgoing...
Perhaps it could be that we define all Mails in the direction out with no restriction and mails in the direction in have a restriction in the message size...

sorry, only global for in and out.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!