cpu problems

mr_cygi

Nov 11, 2008
hi

cpulimit and cpus still does not work
do you have plan to change kernel version or corect this problem?

cpulimit and cpus still does not work
do you have plan to change kernel version or corect this problem?

AFAIK cpulimit works perfectly. cpus still not work, and it seems that the openvz team has no plans to implement that for kernel 2.6.24.

I don't thing so, when I set cpulimit to 40 or 400 cpu clock is this same when cat /proc/cpuinfo.

You can change kernel version to cpus good working. For example hypervm use different kernel and all is working properly.

I don't thing so, when I set cpulimit to 40 or 400 cpu clock is this same when cat /proc/cpuinfo.

It doesn't affect what's in /proc/cpuinfo. The limitation is done transparent to the VM. Think of it like a bandwidth throttle - your NIC says 100 MBit connection, but the router (ie., Proxmox) will reduce it to 10 MBits. You still see it's connected at 100 MBit, but factually it won't go faster than 10 Mbits.

Sorry, i meant 'cpuunits' works.

You can change kernel version to cpus good working. For example hypervm use different kernel and all is working properly.

Yes, old kernels (<= 2.6.18) supports that. But we use kernel 2.6.24.

ok, but could you prepare some ready kernel 2.6.18 for people using only openvz? in iso or deb package

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!