Couldn't find any package by glob error while installing Linux hearers

kumarullal

Renowned Member
Jun 17, 2009
LA, USA
I am trying to install Synology activebackup for business client on proxmox.
This is the error I am getting.

E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve'
Don't know what happened?
How do I resolve this?

Proxmox VE has its own kernel and therefore its own header packages. Use apt install pve-headers-5.15.102-1-pve (if I did not make a typo) to install those kernel header. Install pve-headers of (pve-headers-5.15) to get the headers automatically with the new kernel update.

Ok, seems like it is synology problem while installing the agent.
The Linux headers are installed.
The installer complains of not installed.
* found linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve not installed, install automatically * installing linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve' * install linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve failed, please try again later, or run 'apt install linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve manunally or download and install packag
What is globe?

Run apt update first. It might be possible that kernel 5.15.102 is retracted and you might want to run apt dist-upgrade first to install the latest kernel.
If installing the specific version does not work (because it does not exits because you or I made a typing mistake), try apt install pve-headers to install the latest kernel headers (like I said before).

I did apt upate, upgrade distibution upgrade.
The correct linux headers are installed. I think it is synology issue.
I will keep it open till I get a solution from synology, and try to post it here.
Thanks

Hello guys,

I've been thru this issue since proxox 7.3 here's how to solve it

wget https://mirror.cs.uchicago.edu/prox...e-headers-5.15.102-1-pve_5.15.102-1_amd64.deb

dpkg -i pve-headers-5.15.102-1-pve_5.15.102-1_amd64.deb

then it will work as magic and you will never see that error anymore
E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-headers-5.15.102-1-pve'

so the main idea to download and install the headers file manually

i hope it will help you ,,, good luck

Together we discover the future :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!