[SOLVED] Corosync Redundancy question

RobFantini

Famous Member
May 24, 2012
Boston,Mass
I want to manually edit corosync.conf to set ring network priorities . I am reading pve-docs/chapter-pvecm.html#pvecm_redundancy . my question is how do I set priority in the .conf ?
Code:
 # pvecm create CLUSTERNAME --link0 10.10.10.1,priority=15 --link1 10.20.20.1,priority=20
this is the totem part of our .conf
Code:
totem {
  cluster_name: 20170226
  config_version: 80
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.10.0.10
    ringnumber: 0
  }
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.10.1.10
    ringnumber: 1
  }
  ip_version: ipv4
  rrp_mode: passive
  secauth: on
  version: 2
}

Last edited:
You can find all available config options in the manpage (man corosync.conf). The option is named knet_link_priority.

can I verify this:

udp used to be used , so lines' like bindnetaddr: 10.10.0.10' now be deleted now that knet is used ?

Last edited:
Yes, since corosync 3 and the switch to knet the bindnetaddr option is no longer needed.

OK i am also reading https://people.redhat.com/ccaulfie/docs/KnetCorosync.pdf . "Under the old corosync this was called ringnumber but I've renamed it linknumber to be more consistent with knet"

so if you do not mind check my proposed change
old:
Code:
totem {
  config_version: 80
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.10.0.10
    ringnumber: 0
  }
  interface {
    bindnetaddr: 10.10.1.10
    ringnumber: 1
  }
  rrp_mode: passive
}
new:
Code:
totem {
  config_version: 81
  interface {
    linknumber: 0
    knet_link_priority: 5
  }
  interface {
    linknumber: 1
    knet_link_priority: 10
  }
  link_mode: passive
}

Question:
since the knet_link_priority has a higher number for linknumber 1 then linknumber 0 - linknumber 1 will be used first I assume?

Last edited:
Looks good and yes, the one with the higher priority (higher number) will be chosen first as long as the link_mode is 'passive'. You could change rrp_mode to link_mode as well.

Looks good and yes, the one with the higher priority (higher number) will be chosen first as long as the link_mode is 'passive'. You could change rrp_mode to link_mode as well.
OK thanks for the help. I also changed rrp_mode to link_mode in my post above..

all works well after the changes, these helped verify:
Code:
journalctl -b -u corosync

corosync-cfgtool -s

pvecm nodes

pvecm status

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!