Copy files from a Container to another

Create a directory on the host and add a mountpoint to that directory to both containers. Make sure to use the same user/group ID in both containers and allow read/write access for those user/group ID (+100000 when unprivileged) on the host.

I know I can `pct pull` and `pct push` from the Proxmox server itself but how can I directly copy files from one container to another?
There is also the `pct mount` command. I guess you need to take care of destination permissions regardless of the method you chose.

Create a directory on the host and add a mountpoint to that directory to both containers. Make sure to use the same user/group ID in both containers and allow read/write access for those user/group ID (+100000 when unprivileged) on the host.
I think it's overkill for copy some files now and then but for something more regular it's ok.
There is also the `pct mount` command. I guess you need to take care of destination permissions regardless of the method you chose.
So, I could also do:
Bash:
cp /rpool/data/subvol-100-disk-0/tmp/myfile.txt /rpool/data/subvol-300-disk-0/tmp/
and change destination permissions accordingly.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!