Connection refused

hadyos

Renowned Member
Nov 9, 2008
Each time I try to receive emails from my mailserver I get connection refused.

1. Is my firewall setting should point to the proxmox or my mail server ?
2, Is it ok that port 110 is closed in proxmox (That's what I get if I telnet proxmox 110)

The documentation is too general, I think it should take the step by step approach.

Each time I try to receive emails from my mailserver I get connection refused.

1. Is my firewall setting should point to the proxmox or my mail server ?
2, Is it ok that port 110 is closed in proxmox (That's what I get if I telnet proxmox 110)

The documentation is too general, I think it should take the step by step approach.

The Proxmox Mail Gateway is a email proxy server, so connecting to port 110 makes no sense (only SMTP connections are useful).

Take a look in the deployment guide for usage scenarios.

Each time I try to send email to gmail.com I get Relay access denied.

Could you point me in the right direction why it's happing?

Each time I try to send email to gmail.com I get Relay access denied.

Could you point me in the right direction why it's happing?

without more info about your setup its quite impossible to see the issue, but a guess would be you connect to the wrong port. (check internal/external port)

My internal port 26 and external port is 25.
I use PMG on OpenVZ with Proxmox VE
I try to send the email from an email client outside of my LAN connected to my domain.

My internal port 26 and external port is 25.
I use PMG on OpenVZ with Proxmox VE
I try to send the email from an email client outside of my LAN connected to my domain.

you use the Proxmox Mail Gateway as sending SMTP? if yes, you need to send to the internal port (in your case 26) and you need to add your IP to the internal (trusted) network list.

Hi,

Well, I did what you suggested and the email went off my client but after few seconds the email came back saying: "Relay access denied". I'm trying to send an email to gmail.com.

Any ideas?

Well, I did what you suggested and the email went off my client but after few seconds the email came back saying: "Relay access denied". I'm trying to send an email to gmail.com.

You still connect to the wrong port.

Hi,

Still with same problem.
Should I change anything on my Email client? (ports or ip address of mailserver or pmg)

Yossi.

OK, it seems that I get responds from pmg when I changed the port to 26 and directed to pmg but if I send an email to gmail.com I get back with Relay access deny.

What I did so far was:

1. redirecting all received email to pmg port 26 on my mailserver (Communigate).
2. Opening firewall rules to pmg at port 25 and 110.
3. My default relay on pmg is my mailserver.

Anything i missed ?

By the way, why can't I change Subnet Mask and Gateway setting under System/Network in pmg. The gateway is set to 192.0.2.1 and the Netmask is set to 255.255.255.255. I don't have such values in my network setup.

Yossi.

1. redirecting all received email to pmg port 26 on my mailserver (Communigate).

What? I dont understand that. You should send all outgoing mails to pmg port 26 (not incoming mails).

2. Opening firewall rules to pmg at port 25 and 110.

Please read the documentation about which ports you should open.

By the way, why can't I change Subnet Mask and Gateway setting under System/Network in pmg. The gateway is set to 192.0.2.1 and the Netmask is set to 255.255.255.255. I don't have such values in my network setup.

Because you run inside OpenVZ with venet.

whenever I try to log into my bf2 account I get a message that says"Server refused the connection" I have my firewall configured and everything. anyone know what could be causing this?

whenever I try to log into my bf2 account I get a message that says"Server refused the connection" I have my firewall configured and everything. anyone know what could be causing this?

pls give all information about your setup and what you try to achieve, error logs and finally, what is a 'bf2' account?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!