Configuring Separate Internet Gateways for VMs on Two Bridges Using a Single Physical Interface

flatcast

Oct 10, 2023
Hello everyone. I have a somewhat unconventional task and could use some help as networking isn't my forte:

There are two networks, each with public IP addresses:

Subnet Address: 52.102.119.228/28
Default Gateway: 52.102.119.229
and

Subnet Address: 11.286.202.192/28
Default Gateway: 11.286.202.193
I have a VDS server with a single physical interface, eth0, on which several VMs are running, connected via two bridges. The goal is for VMs on one bridge to access the internet through 52.102.119.229, and VMs on the other bridge through 11.286.202.193. Is it possible to implement such a configuration using only a single physical interface?

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Thanks a lot. It hadn’t occurred to me that both networks could coexist efficiently on a single bridge without VLANs, and I appreciate the simplicity and elegance of this approach. I'll be giving this a try soon. Your input has provided a clear path forward.

Reactions: gurubert

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!