configuring ipv4 /28 subnet

anonymusdennis

Feb 29, 2024
General question:
I have a /28 subnet and am planning (as i have not many servers and vms) to give each of my vms a subnet ip.
I already got this working, to a point, where i had internet, but i had no firwall whatsoever.
I already did this before and had a single IP with an OPNsense firewall behind it, but with time the firewall rules got unfathomly unhandsome... You know what i mean.
And because i Am switching to a server with said subnet i thought why not configure proxmox with a Bunch of bridges (one for each allowed Ip adress.)
well here i Am now, confused how to setup /etc/network/interfaces to do my biddings, and then how to tell it to also work with a firewall.
My basic idea right now is a Bunch of bridges beginning with vmbr0 up to (i think it was vmbr11)
If anyone has a more concrete Idea on How to make this a neat thing, please be my Guest and help me.
here is my setup idea so far: (donno if works cuz i think i locked myself out on firewall basis image is from rescue system.)

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 6

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!