wilcotech

Dec 12, 2023
Hello,

I am working on setting up a cluster with where the VMs are on local storage but use/sync to the shared storage for HA and Cluster options. The hardware I have is as follows:

3 proxmox clustered machines (will be more but 3 for now) - Each has local nvme storage
Each has access to a SAN for shared storage

I want to run VMs on the local storage for the performance gain. I want this data to also be on the SAN either by sync or some other method. I'm hoping this will allow HA and cluster abilities while still receiving the performance gain from nvme storage.

Is something like this possible? What would be the best technological way to implement this if so.

Thanks in advance.

I want to run VMs on the local storage for the performance gain. I want this data to also be on the SAN either by sync or some other method. I'm hoping this will allow HA and cluster abilities while still receiving the performance gain from nvme storage.

Is something like this possible? What would be the best technological way to implement this if so.
Its not possible out of the box without jumping through hoops. In theory you could: setup ZFS replication from node1/local to node2/SAN (because PVE ZFS replication is between nodes). How it will all come together - you'd have to try and report back.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Reactions: wilcotech

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!