commands for creating vps openvz cli ?

I am looking into writing a module for a common billing system so that we can setup auto-creation of vps'

We are looking for what the actual commands are (since i have not seen an api as of yet) that can be used to create these

In short - we would be using the canned openvz templates
most would be the centos, debian, and ubuntu options

if we were to create canned sizes - and canned ram - what commands would be need to pass via ssh ?

Code:
/usr/bin/pvectl vzcreate 1190 --disk 10 --ostemplate centos-5-standard_5.2-1_i386.tar.gz --rootpasswd $1$8BeuZIu2$QK.ovAbEchC0TOmK0uOUM1 --hostname hostname.domain.tld --description enter descrition here --nameserver 208.67.220.220 --nameserver 208.67.222.222 --searchdomain domain.tld --onboot yes --swap 64 --ipset x.x.x.x --mem 64 --cpus 1
my concern is how to pass the password over for md5 - and pick another host node...

(btw that works by itself )

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!