Cluster with two dedicated servers

tstav

Jun 21, 2010
Hi all,

I have two dedicated servers in an ISP datacenter.
They are located in the same datacenter but they belong in different networks.
They are also connected with a backend connection on a separete ethernet interface.
Can a cluster be made with these two computers?

TIA

Tassos

As I stated in my message, the two servers have a second eth interface. The second interface IPs are in the same network, which actually is a dedicated Vlan.
I tried to setup a master and slave cluster on that interface but the system replied that it can only setup a cluster on the vmbr0 interface, which is tied to the public IPs on both systems.

I tried to setup a master and slave cluster on that interface but the system replied that it can only setup a cluster on the vmbr0 interface, which is tied to the public IPs on both systems.

If that is the problem, simply tie the private net to vmbr0, and use something else for the puplic IPs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!