Cluster setup

Ingvar

Jun 3, 2009
What are the rules/limitations setting up a cluster regarding ipadresses, netmask, gateway... for the different masters, nodes and vms ???

To be more precise, can I have a node with a different ip range, netmask than the master, If yes what about the vms can I migrate them between the master and the node ?

What are the rules/limitations setting up a cluster regarding ipadresses, netmask, gateway... for the different masters, nodes and vms ???

To be more precise, can I have a node with a different ip range, netmask than the master, If yes what about the vms can I migrate them between the master and the node ?

Not a definitive answer but as I understand the parts, in a word, No.

In order to migrate vms from host to host AND have them work, the same networking has to be setup on each node and the nodes need to be able to access the masters. If you have networking so that the node can ping and resolve the masters, I don't know of a reason this would not work, but why would you do that? Again, not a definitive answer, it just violates what I would call best practices in a virtual world.

HTH

All nodes have to be in the same ip network. But that does not restrict the IP range/netmask of the VMs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!