[SOLVED] Cluster IP address in HA system.

Mayank006

Dec 6, 2023
I have 2 networks in my server management and HA. I am creating a cluster which one should I use?

Cheeky answer would be the lower latency / less congested one. If they are equivalent, it really doesn't matter. In fact the cluster syncing supports multiple at once even.

Cheeky answer would be the lower latency / less congested one. If they are equivalent, it really doesn't matter. In fact the cluster syncing supports multiple at once even.
I have used management ips for cluter creation, I am using HA ips for HA network. I was wondering what may happed if I use HA Ips in the cluster formation?

I have used management ips for cluter creation, I am using HA ips for HA network. I was wondering what may happed if I use HA Ips in the cluster formation?
It's your call really. If you are going to use the "HA" network for migrations/replication, then what could happen if it's easy to get saturated by the non-corosync traffic is your quorum getting lost and regained, which in HA scenario might end up having some nodes self-fence, so they would go on rebooting e.g. everytime something started migrating, which you do not really want.

Reactions: Mayank006

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!