check VNC server is running

Bernard10

Mar 9, 2016
I am an Newbie to Proxmox so maybe it is for you a very simple question.
I have a server and client machines will almost never stop. I had a power failure and lost access to Proxmox clients. It presume some not saved configuration, was the cause. I want to figure out what, and how to solve, I do not want to update.

I do have physical access to the server, but not using the network. I have to manually retype results in this post so it will be limited in length.

PVE manager 3.2-4 (skipped rest) (using pveversion)
Debian version : 7.5 (using cat /etc/debian_version)

PVE is running :

ps -e | grep pve*

results :

pvedeamon
pvedeamon worke (3 times)
pvestatd
pveproxy
pveproxy worker (3 times)

On the server, without GUI, I have w3m as a text browser.
w3m www.proxmox.com returns a result. So there is internet access. And there is a working browser.

ifconfig
vmbr0 192.168.1.70

ping 192.168.1.70
returns response

Before in the browser I could access, on the client the Proxmox console with https:192.168.1.70:8006/

Now on the same server w3m 192.168.1.70:8006/
returns : Unknown URI

I have 3 questions :
* Is VNC server running?, How can this be checked?
* Is Proxmox manager (Proxmox console) running?
* How can I access the Proxmox manager from the server itself?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Yes your PVE manger is running.
The services are pvedaemon, pvestad and pveproxy.
VNC is no daemon.

The api can you use with pvesh

Thank you. Now I know Proxmox is running. I could could continue with other checks and found a solution.
It was good to know the not availability of the containers had nothing to do with Promox itself, but with the DNS configuration.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!