Changing the IP of Configuration Page

crazy-to-bike

Dec 9, 2011
www.crazy-to-bike.de
I installed Proxmox at home on a Router with ip range 192.168.178.x and the proxmox configuration page is reachable with https://192.168.178.120:8006

Now I want to use the Proxmox serve at school with another router (ip range 192.168.0.x) but the ip for the configuration page is still the same.
in /etc/network/interfaces thh0 and vmbr0 have the right ip.

How can I solve it?

Because I only have today to install the new network architecture here at school, it is very urgent to solve the problem.

Use "grep -Hr 192.168.178. /" to find files containing the old ip address and simply edit all those files.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just found this:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster

[h=1]Proxmox VE Cluster[/h] First, install the Proxmox VE nodes, see Installation. Make sure that each Proxmox VE node is installed with the final hostname and IP configuration. Changing the hostname and IP is not possible after cluster creation.

I hope it isn't really true that I can't use the proxmox Server with another router with other ip range without reinstalling.

Please tell me what can I do.

Install htop and iotop - Launch the command again, open another shell and execute "htop". Then run iotop -ob and post the results here.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I configured the new router to the ip range of the other one so I could reach the webfrontend of proxmox again. Then I reconfigured vmbr0 in the webfrontend to the ip range and new ip of the new router. After reconfiguring the routers ip range to the original one and a restart of proxmox, I could reach the webfrontent with the new ip. The ip that is shown on the console after booting ist still the same (old one), but it seems to work now. What do you think, could it be a problem that proxmox is still showing the old ip?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!