how can I change NFS mount options ?

I just have these lines in /etc/pve/storage.cfg

nfs: storagexxx
path /mnt/pve/storagexxx
server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
export /storage/nfs
content images

But I would like to have the equivalent to this in /etc/fstab:

storagexxx:/storage/nfs /nfs nfs rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nosuid,noatime,relatime 0 0

Regards
Carlos

add the following line to the storage definition:

options rw,rsize=4096,wsize=4096,hard,intr,async,nodev,nos,uid,noatime,relatime

Simply umount (mnake sure nobody uses the nfs share):

# umount /mnt/pve/storagexxx

I will get mounted again automatically.

Ok, thanks dietmar¡¡

another issues I have now after upgrading from 1.7 to 1.9 version, is that two machines, lenny with 2.6.26-2-amd64, freezes without any messages in syslog, simply the cpu goes to 80-90% activity. Those are using virtio. Since I remove it, and replace it with a e1000 it seems now its working for 30 min. Before those machines freezes in 10 min... . I got pve kernel version 2.6.32-6

When I directly copy a file over SSH, I get 11Mb/s speed. But NFS backup is not that fast. Actually too slower.

I changed nfs mount in storage.cfg
options vers=3,rw,rsize=8096,wsize=8096

but does not seems to helped. Is there something I am missing? I am using nfs share to store vzdumps but it is slow.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!