fropa

Dec 12, 2017
I installed Promxmox 5.1-38 version. I have 2T hard drive. After installation it has 90G local (PATH /var/lib/vz ) and the rest of hard is local-lvm (LVM-thin). Now I want to increase local up to 300G and leave the rest for local-lvm.

I do the following steps :
#lvremove pve/data
#lvresize -l 50000 pve/root
#lvcreate -L 300G -n data pve
#lvconvert --type thin-pool pve/data
#lvextend -l +100%FREE pve/root

After that everything is ok in lvs command :
root@Proxmox:~# lvs
LV VG Attr LSize Pool Origin Data% Meta% Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
data pve twi-a-tz-- 299.80g 0.00 1.22
root pve -wi-ao---- 1.52t
swap pve -wi-ao---- 8.00g

But it's not ok from web. It changes only local-lvm size not local directory, that is still 90G.

How can I do that ?

Reactions: divyanshu
As you've not used the "-r" option for lvresize, which resize the volume AND recursively the underlying filesystem, you know need to run resize2fs /dev/mapper/pve-data

Tried, get error :

root@Proxmox:~# resize2fs /dev/mapper/pve-data
resize2fs 1.43.4 (31-Jan-2017)
resize2fs: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/mapper/pve-data
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

On what device is your /var/lib/vz mounted on ? My PVE have been upgraded since 4.0 so it may be a different device naming on fresh install.

Please do not touch pve-data - The file system we talk about is on /dev/mapper/pve-root

It's not how I've understood the "problem":

I installed Promxmox 5.1-38 version. I have 2T hard drive. After installation it has 90G local (PATH /var/lib/vz ) [...] But it's not ok from web. It changes only local-lvm size not local directory, that is still 90G.

For me, he wants to increase the "local" storage from 90 to 300GB, which is mounted on /var/lib/vz (pve-data) and not / (pve-root).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!