ceph warning post upgrade to v8

Just2Bad

Feb 24, 2023
Hello tonight I upgraded all my hosts to V8 wthout any issue except this warning on Ceph

"Module 'dashboard' has failed dependency: PyO3 modules may only be initialized once per interpreter process"

2023-06-23 02_05_39-pve1 - Proxmox Virtual Environment.jpg

I restarted all host after upgrade, also restarted all manager and monitor services on all hosts but warning still there, haven't tried to destroy and reinstall

any idea ?

I restarted all host after upgrade, also restarted all manager and monitor services on all hosts but warning still there, haven't tried to destroy and reinstall

any idea ?

Nope. Dashboard is nothing shipped by default, so this is something that might not get fixed that soon. What are you reasons for using ceph dashboard, as it does not really work with proxmox?

Hello tonight I upgraded all my hosts to V8 wthout any issue except this warning on Ceph

"Module 'dashboard' has failed dependency: PyO3 modules may only be initialized once per interpreter process"

View attachment 52038
Hi,

After the update I have the same problem on the second and third node of our three node cluster. The problem only manifests itself when the Manager becomes active on these nodes. I tried deleting and recreating the Manager on all nodes, but it didn't help. When I activate the Manager on the first node, everything works fine.

Hi,

After the update I have the same problem on the second and third node of our three node cluster. The problem only manifests itself when the Manager becomes active on these nodes. I tried deleting and recreating the Manager on all nodes, but it didn't help. When I activate the Manager on the first node, everything works fine.
I just found out that in my case it is not the "Dashboard" module, but the "restful" module. I apologize for the inaccuracy.

Snímek obrazovky 2023-06-23 v 14.25.12.png

I just found out that in my case it is not the "Dashboard" module, but the "restful" module. I apologize for the inaccuracy.

View attachment 52073

Nope your right, the errors switches from time to time, depending on which module is currently initalized I guess.

I can confirm this, seem to be a change in new python py03 0.17 lib, and dashboard code does not support it yet.

https://github.com/PyO3/pyo3/blob/7...-can-now-only-be-initialized-once-per-process

Each #[pymodule] can now only be initialized once per process​

To make PyO3 modules sound in the presence of Python sub-interpreters, for now it has been necessary to explicitly disable the ability to initialize a #[pymodule] more than once in the same process. Attempting to do this will now raise an ImportError.

Reactions: lordjakoby
Same issue for me, Ceph dashboard on :8443 errors with "No active ceph-mgr instance is currently running the dashboard. A failover may be in progress. Retrying in 5 seconds..." for me too.

Nope. Dashboard is nothing shipped by default, so this is something that might not get fixed that soon. What are you reasons for using ceph dashboard, as it does not really work with proxmox?
Hi
I am running into the same issue. I don't recall when/how I installed the dashboard. Do you know how I can uninstall it? Maybe this will get rid of the warning message.

Reactions: phastier
Hi
I am running into the same issue. I don't recall when/how I installed the dashboard. Do you know how I can uninstall it? Maybe this will get rid of the warning message.
You can simply disable the dashboard and it should get rid of the warning sign.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!