Ceph via wireguard

j.grigat

Jun 23, 2023
Hi there,
i was building an proxmox cluster on hetzner machines. everything worked well, except when i started to setup an ceph installation.

the machines got an vpn-wireguard connection setup providing an 10.7.0.0/24 network, im accessing the webpanel also using this connection.
ive installed ceph from the webpanel on all machines. I planned to pass the ceph traffic throught the vpn as i also need ceph as an storage provider for my kubernetes cluster - which i was plan to setup after proxmox is done.

so after the basic installation i created a default monitor on first machine. shut down the ceph target and changed the network and subnets to match the 10.7.0.0/24 network. after starting the webpanel did not recognize any of the monitors anymore. it sees that those are configured but cannot get their status.

im not shure what i need to change to get the webpanel working again.
1. do i have to publicate the interface somehow to proxmox?
2. do i have to setup some kind of bridge to allow the proxmox web-ui the access to the monitors/parts of ceph?
3. or do i attempt something thats not possible at all?

The MONs have their own internal monmap with IP addresses of themselves and the other MONs with which they want to form a quorum.

If you only created the one MON and nothing else yet, destroy the MON and MGR. Then you should be able to create them from scratch again

Thanks, and sry for the late reply, ill report back in as soon as i try again.
greetings

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!