CEPH shared SSD for DB/WAL?

I am evaluating VMware vSphere and Proxmox VE. I think the relationship between OSD and DB/WAL in ceph may be very similar to the disk group in vSAN. Once the cache disk fails, the entire disk group will not work.
There is a very confusing point in ceph. What is the relationship between Cache Tiering and DB/WAL in BlueStore. If the HCI cluster needs to be built at present, what method should be adopted to handle SSD and HDD mixed disks.
I think this is the wrong thread for this question. I just want to point out that Cache Tiering is deprecated:

Cache tiering has been deprecated in the Reef release as it has lacked a maintainer for a very long time. This does not mean it will be certainly removed, but we may choose to remove it without much further notice.

Reactions: huzgrisyon

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!