Ceph and replications

ocerda

Jan 2, 2018
Hi, I have several questions.

Ceph: I have three 1TB disks connected by osd, but I read that this storage is similar to a raid, so how much capacity do I have in total? And how to operate ceph.

If I have this allegiance, what is the use now of making replications? Is it useful to do them?

Attachments

• ceph.PNG
    ceph.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 19
  • OSD.PNG
    OSD.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 17
Hello,

I have proxmox installed as local-lvm, and I have read that if it is not installed as zfs I can not use replication.

But you can add a zfs directory, this how do I do it? I have a 1TB disk where I want the machines to be replicated, as I format it in zfs. And then I create the pool and I add it?

@ocerda, how is this related to your original post? If not, please open up a new thread for this.

@ocerda, how is this related to your original post? If not, please open up a new thread for this.

Sorry, I thought you answered.

I already know how ceph-storage works, my second question question from the previous post, was related to replication.

I tried to replicate a machine and it gives me this error:

I have searched for information and it is because I do not have proxmox installed in zfs, if I do not want to change my installation, how can I also use replication separately?

I add more discs in each node? And after that?

In the image you will see my current configuration.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Configuración.PNG
    Configuración.PNG
    103.8 KB · Views: 11
Sorry, the error of replication is as follows.
No replicatable volumes found (500)
I forgot to put it.

any progess on this? i'm also getting this error.
I did a zfs send/recv from a system outside of my cluster and attached the vhd's on the clustered system.

even on the command line I get the dreaded "No replicatable volumes found (500)" message.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!