Can't install PVE 8.1 either in GUI or Terminal, it gets stuck directly at boot

XabiX

Nov 8, 2017
Hi All,

Unfortunately mu upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1 was a disaster (not sure why maybe bc I nvidia testal packaged installed and he was not able to compile correct for 6.5).
I tried to boot in Ubuntu to recover files but root was ok to be mounted (but can't get /etc/pve), I couldn't seem to get data LVM mounter so I have to resintall and I am scared it will be taking a while to recover. As I don't have qemu on ubuntu, I am not sure if I can export the LVM/VGS 'disks' into files or ext drives to re-install quickly.

By way is the installer not working (UEFI with or without Secure boot it s the same):
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-26 at 15.16.17.jpeg

Merci
XabiX

MAG B550M MORTAR +ZOTAC GeForce GT 710, 1024 MB DDR3

Last edited:
but can't get /etc/pve
Please see the documentation.

Unfortunately mu upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1 was a disaster (not sure why maybe bc I nvidia testal packaged installed and he was not able to compile correct for 6.5).
Yes, nvidia drivers can cause such problems. If you have problems with upgrades, please post everything you've done and every output there was on the screen.

As I don't have qemu on ubuntu
It's not part of a default install, yet it is installable.

I am not sure if I can export the LVM/VGS 'disks' into files or ext drives to re-install quickly.
Yes, you can, but having proper backups before upgrading your system is the way to go.

Hello,

I gave up and I installed Debian and then Proxmox as just booting the Proxmox USB Installation gives me the above screen and doesn't work. I tried GUi, CLI, console menu items and they all fail in launching the Proxmox fresh installation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!