can't get ping to default gateway

Oct 6, 2022
I'm trying to connect to my proxmox server(normal desktop pc) from my laptop and my proxmox server to the internet. They are connected via ethernet and a small hub( which works perfectly fine, I can ping from my laptop the default gateway).

ip addr, ip route, ip neigh output:
proxmox-info.jpeg

do you guys have some advice?

Your bridge is down, and the single physical ethernet port isn't configured as port of the bridge..

Can you please post the full cat /etc/network/interfaces

Should probably look something like:
Code:
iface enp0s7 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address 192.168.8.11/24
    gateway 192.168.8.1
    bridge-ports enp0s7
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

Note the bridge-ports refering to the physical port. Once fixed run ifreload -a.

Thanks for your help,
you were right the /etc/network/interfaces file was configured wrong. I had an wrong interface name in there. I fixed it and ran ifreload -a. But still for some odd reason I can't get a connection to my gateway.

proxmox2.jpeg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!