Cannot use ZRD and DBL from Spamhouse

adispy

Aug 14, 2023
Hello to all,
I am using a few DNSBL sites and one of them is spamhouse, the free registered version. Here, they are offering a multitude of block lists to query and one of them that I am using for a few weeks now is the ZEN one "ZEN (SBL+XBL+PBL)"; which is working fine.

I have tried using the DBL and ZRD in Proxmox so that it queries domains also an block them if they are present in the list. The thing is that once I put one of them in the Proxmox DNSBL Sites list, nothing is working anymore as far as sending and receiving emails; everything is blocked (sending and receiving).

Any idea about this?

Thanks,

Please share the logs that show this and also the setting you have set for dnsbl_sites

Silly me, now I see it

"dbl.spamhaus.org" must not be configured in any email server's "DNSBL" or "RBLs" feature, spam firewall, or spam filter unless it specifically states that blocklists entered there are used for domain checking only. If this is unclear, please refer to the spam filter developer.

Looks like it is not supposed to be used in an email system.

Thanks for the help, much appreciate it.

Looks like it is not supposed to be used in an email system.
I think it is - but rather in SpamAssassin (and only parts can and should be used in postscreen as dnsbl_sites) - see their documentation:
https://github.com/spamhaus/spamassassin-dqs

integration in PMG should be more or less straight-forward (with SpamAssassin 4.0.0 most things should already be in place) - if you need to adapt the spamassassin config - see the reference docs:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_custom_spamassassin_configuration
I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!