[SOLVED] cannot delete vm

holest

Sep 6, 2013
Hello!

I have a vm that i cannot delete. In my cluster i had 4 nodes, but i had to remove one from it, i had a vm inside it. I didn't need the vm inside it, so i just deleted the node.
Now i can't remove both the node and the vm from web gui.
  • the remove button is greyed out
  • If i try to migrate it: "Connection error 595: No route to host"
  • if i try to remove the disks of the vm: "Cannot remove image, a guest with VMID '103' exists! You can delete the image from the guest's hardware pane" 1607422764761.png (btw the L letter is missing from panel word, or is it missing only at me)
  • i cannot login to the node, because i already removed is from cluster, so i cannot remove vm config from there
What could i do?

Thanks
Máté

well yes i removed the node with delnode
now if i try to do it again:
1607424812414.png
and in status:
1607424868274.png
so yes i already deleted it but, i understood this line:

Move all virtual machines from the node. Make sure you have no local data or backups you want to keep, or save them accordingly. In the following example we will remove the node hp4 from the cluster.
that if i don't want to keep my vm, then i can leave it there

Ok right,

So try to remove the VM conf directly on one serveur (make a backup of file before deleting).
The conf are located on: For container: /etc/pve/lxc/ for VM: /etc/pve/qemu-server/

but there is nothing about vm 103 in other nodes lxc or qemu-server folders.
i only found data about px02 and vm 103:
Code:
/etc/pve/nodes
is it safe to delete a folder and all of it's data?

if i want to put a node back to the cluster i already had inside it and removed, can i give the same IP and hostname as before or should i change these things?

I have removed an old node on my cluster on /etc/pve/nodes/ without any problems

Attachments

• Sans titre 9.png
    Sans titre 9.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 60
ok, well, i solved it.
  1. deleted the config in /etc/pve/nodes/%nodename%/qemu-server/%borken_id.conf%
  2. this one deleted it from all my nodes and removed the node and vm from web gui too
btw tested to, reinstall same machine same hostname same ip and put back to the same cluster, there was no problems yet

ok, well, i solved it.
  1. deleted the config in /etc/pve/nodes/%nodename%/qemu-server/%borken_id.conf%
  2. this one deleted it from all my nodes and removed the node and vm from web gui too
btw tested to, reinstall same machine same hostname same ip and put back to the same cluster, there was no problems yet
This fixed it for me aswell.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!