Cannot Access Web Interface

Rocky.Z

Mar 26, 2024
I'm new to proxmox. I have no idea why I cant get to the Web interface. I ran syslog, but I'm not sure about the error message I'm getting. Picture

Hey,

can you ping the PVE instance? Could you post the output of ip a and systemctl status pveproxy.service? The messages in the logs just mean your system probably made a time jump, the problem will correct itself since it's not too big of at difference. These messages are mostly cosmetic.

Got the NO-CARRIER out. Still can't get access to the web interface.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-27 131124.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 131124.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 3
Got the NO-CARRIER out. Still can't get access to the web interface.
Can you expand on this? What exactly are you doing to get access? What error are you getting? Have you done any basic IP troubleshooting? Are you sure the IP address is correct? How do you know its correct?

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Yes, I am sure that I am using the right IP address. I can't ping the IP address though.

Yes, I am sure that I am using the right IP address. I can't ping the IP address though.
You installed PVE with the default IP of 192.168.100.2/24 which will be chosen if your network isn't working or no DHCP server could be found. In 99% of the cases people just don't understand networking basics and don't know what a correct IP to choose would be. Installing PVE with 192.168.100.2/24 means no computer can access your server unless that computer is using 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.100.3 to 192.168.100.254. I would bet your client and router isn't using that. So please check your clients subnet.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbgeek17
I figured it out. The last two number for my ip address where incorrect. Thank you for everyone who'd contributed to this post.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!