[SOLVED] Cannot access web gui on promox 8, or even access promox thru SSH

gauranga

Aug 21, 2023
Hello I'm new to proxmox, I had installed and could not access the web gui, when trying to fix it could not update, when pinging google got name resolution, but when pinging 1.1.1.1 got results. I also discover that I don't have these files /etc/pve/dhcpd.conf, /etc/dnsmasq.conf, /etc/systemd/resolved.conf. I have a gigabit motherboard, i3 processor, 16gb rm, 240gb SSD and 1tb HDD, because the NIC wont let me install proxmox, I got an Intel I225-V NIC.

cat /etc/resolv.conf output in Image 1
Image 1.jpeg

systemctl status pverpoxy.service output Image 2
Image 2.jpeg
systemctl status pvedaemon.service output Image 3
Image 3.jpeg
cat /etc/hosts output Image 4
Image 4.jpeg
cat /etc/network/interfaces output Image 5
Image 5.jpeg
ip a outuput Image 6
Image 6.jpeg
Can anybody help to indentify what's wrong???
Image8.jpeg

1.) you shouldn't use a domain you don't own as your domain (so no proxmox.com)
2.) don't use wifi, see here: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/WLAN
3.) don't give an OS more than one IP in the same subnet (so either use 192.168.1.85, 192.168.1.81 or 192.168.1.79 but not multiple at the same time)
4.) you can only have one gateway but you use two
5.) you IP should be in /etc/hosts which is only one of the 3. So in case you decide to keep the 192.168.1.85 or 192.168.1.81 you would need to add that there.
6.) PVE is no router by default, so there is no /etc/pve/dhcpd.conf, /etc/systemd/resolved.conf or /etc/dnsmasq.conf
7.) resolv.conf for DNS client is located at /etc/resolv.conf

Last edited:
Reactions: gauranga

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!