Can not add "No-Subscription" in the repository

bravo0916

Jan 29, 2024
Hello Team,

I've just finished installation of Proxmox. I plan to use this as free (community) version. So I am trying to disable comercial repositories and add No-Subscription repository instead. Howver, there is nothing pop-up windows when I click on "Add" button. I think I will get pop-up window and will be able to select repository options.
I tried to reboot the machine, but I still have no luck. The proxmox version is 8.1.

Any thoughts on this issue?

I appreciate your help!

Regards,

Modifying sources for apt should be done via shell. Open a SSH connection to your PVE. Then modify the repos by

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Add this line:

deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve bookworm pve-no-subscription

Press CTRL+X to save the file. To disable the enterprise repo modify it

nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-enterprise.list

and add a # at the beginning. Save this file and do the same with

nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ceph.list

When done, do an

apt update

followed by

apt dist-upgrade

to install the newest updates.

Hello

Thanks for your quick reply and it works!! So the issue I had faced was something like bug? I double checked with Chrome or Edge cache clear or security software, but all of them look good.

Regards,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!