Booting from hard disk

Usama

Oct 4, 2017
I have installed debian on virtualbox and installed proxmox over the debian os and created & installed VM successfully but when i started i am facing error booting from hard disk. I have attached screenshot alongside this thread. Please guide me.

Attachments

• vmdetails.png
    vmdetails.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 22
  • vmdetails1.png
    vmdetails1.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 23
Virtual box do not support nested virtualization.
You can uncheck in the vm option tab the kvm box.
But your vm will be very slow

Got it, But i have attached screenshot in previous post please check is all settings are fine. I have unchecked kvm hardware virtualization but still getting an error.
Moreover let me know is vmware support nested virtualization. ?

You have no error your VM just not booting or freezing?
May be the image is broken or you have to wait not long enough.
As I wrote nested virtualization is slow.

Yes vmware support nested virtualization but you will get problem with the network.

My machine stucked at booting from hard disk.

What sort of network problem will be face in vmware ?

Multicast problems and package lost.

Now i run debian on vmware and unchecked kvm hardware virtualization but still stucked at booting from hardisk.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!