Blackberry Enterprise express

bhennigar

Mar 20, 2012
Haliafax, NS Canada
Hi,
I've installed blackberry enterprise server express on a Windows KVM. From what I understand, I need to connect the blackberry to the server for the initial configuration. I've tried both RDP passthrough and connected the blackberry to my proxmox server and used usb passthrough to the KVM but no luck.

Has anyone had success with adding blackberries to a BES server inside of a KVM?

thanks

Nah you can do this over the air, no need to plug them into the server. Add the user into the server with an activation password.

Then on the device go to Enterprise Activation (Download it from App Store if the device doesn't have it on), type in their email address and the activation password then select activate. It'll do it all over the air.

hi,

i have blackberry server express in my organisation, you don't need to connect blackberry to server, over the air activation is possible and recommanded. But you muse follow installation instruction, have you create besadmin user with proper rights ??

in other way you can connect a client computer to web interface of besx (you can find url on your server) and connect your blackberry directly on the computer, that's work but for me it's not necessary, imagine a big company with 200 blackberry, it's impossible to manage that's kind of sync.

For me activation over the air work perfectly, i never connect a blackberry to my server and not to my client.

I'm going to try over the air. I did try the web based desktop management which does detect the blackberry but it returns an error.. I'm still very new to blackberry enterprise. I'm testing all of this with a wifi only blackberry bold. It's not with any carrier. It should still work even without a carrier?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!