bios problem

tobi748a

Jul 29, 2023
so i wanna reinstall my promox from usb, but when i boot into Bios i keep getting into GNU GRUB, cant i just go back the the normal bios i had before installing proxmox?

The BIOS/EFI menu is skipped on all systems if there's something to boot, on most systems you need to hit some keys early to get into the firmware menu, often this is the DEL key or some F key like F12 or F8. The correct key should be displayed very early on in the boot, often at the bottom of the display. Otherwise, check your motherboards manual.

On EFI systems the GRUB menu has often a menu entry point named something like "boot into system firmware", if that's present you could try using that.

thanks for answer, but the funny thing is that when i type F2 witch is displayd, i still get sent into GRUB

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!