Backup schedule - Permission check failed

bibawa

Jul 1, 2016
Hi,

I'm new to proxmox and we're running a couple of VMs to our Proxmox 4 nodes for a couple of weeks now and it's running fine ..
Now we want to run backups on a daily basis, so we attached an NFS volume to our prox server, when I run a manual backup of one virtual machine the backup is perfect written to the NFS volume so permissions and connection is OK..

Even when i try to schedule a backup each day of all VMs to the same NFS volume I receive the following error when I try to save the schedule:

Permission check failed (/, Sys.Modify) (403)

upload_2016-7-1_10-50-45.png

Can somebody help me out with this or point me in the correct direction ?

Thanks in advance !

scheduling a backup sets up a cron job, which means it requires more permissions. it looks like your current user lacks the Sys.Modify permission - either switch user or change the permissions.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!