Backup and restore.

Amori

May 9, 2013
Hello,

For some reason Im not able to start my server in normal mode. Therefore Im making a backup of my mounted files. I run Ubunto resuce mode.

Im now moving vz folder to my backup server and will restore to my new server.

There are couple of VMs and every vm has 100 GB raw file which will take some time to transfer.

However my question is I need to know the name of the VM(Hostname) as I will not be able to know which VM ID belongs to whom.

Can someone let me know where I can found that information.

Question 2

Is it possible to backup the whole vm information as LZO via ubuntu so I will save space and time?

Hello,

For some reason Im not able to start my server in normal mode. Therefore Im making a backup of my mounted files. I run Ubunto resuce mode.

Im now moving vz folder to my backup server and will restore to my new server.

There are couple of VMs and every vm has 100 GB raw file which will take some time to transfer.

However my question is I need to know the name of the VM(Hostname) as I will not be able to know which VM ID belongs to whom.

Can someone let me know where I can found that information.

Question 2

Is it possible to backup the whole vm information as LZO via ubuntu so I will save space and time?
Hi,
use an simple spare computer with an empty disk and install pve on this machine.

Than copy the pmxcfs-files like discribed here http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_Cluster_file_system_(pmxcfs) (Recovery)

Udo

Thanks for your replay.

I have an extra server in same DC. Im going to install proxmox and replace the pmxcfs files. But I think I need to change the hostname too ? If I do that.. the server will go offline right?

Hi,
use an simple spare computer with an empty disk and install pve on this machine.

Than copy the pmxcfs-files like discribed here http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_Cluster_file_system_(pmxcfs) (Recovery)

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!