Asus PN50 Proxmox installation failed

hrdejong

Aug 31, 2020
Hello, trying to install Proxmox on a new Asus PN50 barebone PC and getting installation failed just after DHCP acknowledgement. It shows "Done" for a while and then fails. Tried to see if there is a logfile but it's not there (/tmp/install.log).

PN50 contains an AMD Ryzen 4800U CPU and a Realtec network chip. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same issue. Found a workaround installing latest Debian and backports. You can do that and install then the proxmox packages.

apt install -t buster-backports linux-image-amd64 firmware-amd-graphics

i tried getting X to work command line using backports in debug mode but no luck.

I ended up installing the HDD in a Intel NUC and installed PVE from there. Then returning it to the PN50.

I had to adjust the if(eno1) with the correct interface for the PN50 (enp2s0f0) in /etc/network/interfaces in order to get it up and running. everything seems to be up and running.

notice that you have to adjust the if and the bridged if for vmbr0.

phu

Last edited:
Installed Debian 10.5 and then the latest Proxmox release and got it working that way. In Proxmox I created a bond with the physical NIC and after that several bridges for the VLANs and native network (with managment IP).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!