Asterisk dependancy issues - libopenais3 vs libopenais3-pve?

tin

Renowned Member
Aug 14, 2010
Northwest NSW, Australia
I'm hoping to do a fairly clean Asterisk install onto a PVE host as a test - I've got some weird stuff happening with Asterisk on a KVM machine and want to rule out the virtualisation.Anyway, it appears PVE has it's own libopenais3 package with a different name. The Debian Asterisk package depends on libopenais3, and thus gives a dependency error.

Is anyone able to tell me what the difference between the 2 packages are? What does PVE's version do differently?

Not sure if this helps but using KVM i was able to install Asterisk using the ISO from their website and had no issues at all.

You should not be trying to install this on the proxmox host but in a proxmoxvm...

my next thing is to get asterisk installed on openvz since its less resource intensive

I've already got a KVM machine running, but I've got a PCIe PSTN card that gets very crackly when passed through. I'm wanting to test the card outside of KVM, but in the same server under the same conditions as it already was being used.

our cluster stack needs newer versions, therefore we do not use standard debian packages. if you want to dig deeper, check our git repo.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!