ASM1166 M2 SATA controller don't access drives AMD 7745hx

FancyBee

Mar 7, 2024
Hi I have issue with 6 port M2 ASMedia ASM1166 SATA controller. Motherboard Minisforum BD770i with AMD 7745hx.

Debian see it lspci and I connect 3 drives to it.
03:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1166 Serial ATA Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
Subsystem: ZyDAS Technology Corp. ASM1166 Serial ATA Controller
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 35, IOMMU group 16
Memory at fce82000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
Memory at fce80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
Expansion ROM at fce00000 [disabled] [size=512K]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
Capabilities: [80] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
Capabilities: [130] Secondary PCI Express
Kernel driver in use: ahci
Kernel modules: ahci

Drives are not detected or list as drives in lsblk and other utilities.

Need help or suggestion what direction I should go? So far I see many builds under windows with that cards but I want to use it under Proxmox.

My idea was of rebuilding old NAS and I have to install m2 sata controller as option to connect to drives because itx mb don't have sata connectors and normal itx don't fit in case.
If all will be detected properly I will passthough it to trueness or unraid for management.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!