ASAP please, how can i downgrade proxmox 8 to 7

mhomiak10

Jan 8, 2024
Hello can you guys please help me? When I start vm(debian) and try to install it, my cpu suddenly goes to 105% and my server crash. I am quite new to the proxmox and i don't understand it fully but i tried some things and none of it worked. last thing i wanted to try is to downgrade proxmox 8 to 7. I don't know if this is the real problem, i just wanted to try it so can someone help me please or tell me where the actual problem is? It is my school project so i need it asap. Thanks for your solutions

Downgrading is not supported. If you're in a hurry, I would suggest installing the latest Proxmox 7.4 on another system and restore your VM from a backup.
Afterwards you'll have the time to explain what you did in detail and to troubleshoot your Proxmox 8.1 installation.

Reactions: Dunuin
kernel can be the cause, you can boot to the previous kernel, search for kernel pin.

Downgrading is not supported. If you're in a hurry, I would suggest installing the latest Proxmox 7.4 on another system and restore your VM from a backup.
Afterwards you'll have the time to explain what you did in detail and to troubleshoot your Proxmox 8.1 installation.
Should I change some cpu options?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!