Api

jburleson

Apr 29, 2008
Jonesboro, AR
Is there (or will there be) a API for Proxmox VE? Also I was wondering where we should post feature requests (if you are taking them)?

Is there (or will there be) a API for Proxmox VE? Also I was wondering where we should post feature requests (if you are taking them)?

Hi,

Just post feature request in this forum.

very important, please describe why you request this feature and what is the benefit for you and others.

An API would be a good idea to let the community submit some other solutions to your product. For instance, automatic fail-over for virtual servers within a cluster, load balancing within the cluster, and creating a common data store for the clusters virtual server, just to mention a few.

Jeff

Defining an API for all those tasks you describe is not possible at this stage of developement. But the whole project is GPL, so you can get the source code an contribute things.

- Dietmar

libvirt does not solve any problem we have, so we dont use it.

Its just an additional level of overhead so far.

- Dietmar

Defining an API for all those tasks you describe is not possible at this stage of developement. But the whole project is GPL, so you can get the source code an contribute things.

- Dietmar

Where could I find the source code of the proxmox project?

Where could I find the source code of the proxmox project?

The project uses perl (most parts), so you can just view the sources.

But the project is quite new, and we are currently working on puplishing all source code packages on our ftp server (this takes some time).

So just tell me what package you want to see first - i will then priorize that task and put the sources online ASAP.

- Dietmar

Why not include libvirt? (http://libvirt.org/) This should already give you a basic API, that becomes more and more powerful with every release...

Felix

The Debian version with ProxMox is build, support libvirt now.
If you launch apt-get install libvirt, Debian installs it.

But libvirt interferes with Proxmox? If no, then it's possible to use this GUI: http://www.ovirt.org/screenshots.html

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!