after aptutude full-upgrade , and reboot system issues

bread-baker

Mar 6, 2010
SOLVED upgrade system issues

Hello
I have 2 non clustered systems which have been running 2.0 for 5 weeks .

After upgrading fbc240 and reboot, the 6 or so vz's and a kvm were not started.

in /var/log/daemon.log there were many
Code:
Feb 16 23:49:23 fbc240 pvestatd[2890]: WARNING: ipcc_send_rec failed: Connection refused
Feb 16 23:49:33 fbc240 pvestatd[2890]: WARNING: ipcc_send_rec failed: Connection refused
Feb 16 23:49:33 fbc240 pvestatd[2890]: WARNING: ipcc_send_rec failed: Connection refused

/etc/pve was not mounted.

so after searching the forum i found this to type in to debug:
Code:
/usr/bin/pmxcfs

I expected an error, but instead /etc/pve mounted.

so I am in the process of starting the ct's and will check further tomorrow .

if more info is needed please respond.

Last edited:
ok here is more data

1- the system was stuck during a snapshot backup. We had been using suspend mode due to issues with snapshowt some time ago. I had tested snapshot on another server and it worked so tried it here on fbc240.

2- as a reboot had to get done to un stick the system, I figured why not do an upgrade so it would boot the new kernel.

The upgrade did not get done completely. It was late after a long long work day and I should have realized not to upgrade during the lvm freeze issue.

This morning ran
Code:
dpkg --configure -a
to complete the update.

Later I'll reboot to get to the new kernel.

After reboot the system was OK.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!