After a period of time after startup, it becomes unusable.

meiko

Nov 2, 2023
Yesterday, after installing the new system, when I tried to access my system again after a while, I couldn't connect to VNC after logging in through the web interface. Additionally, some virtual machines (specifically OMV virtual machines) were not functioning properly. SSH connections would get disconnected immediately, requiring a reboot to resolve the issue. However, after a period of time, the same problems would reoccur

Last edited:
I'm experiencing the same issue with both PVE 7.4 and 8.0. What could be the problem? What information do I need to provide to assist in troubleshooting?

Syslog/journalctl isn't showing any hints? Did you use keyboard/display to see whats going on once you can't reach the server anymore?

Last edited:
Syslog/journalctl isn't showing any hints? Did you use keyboard/mouse to see whats going on once you can't reach the server anymore?
Thank you, I expect to encounter the same issue tomorrow. Next time, I will provide the relevant information when responding.It's not very convenient because the server is not connected to a display.

Syslog/journalctl isn't showing any hints? Did you use keyboard/display to see whats going on once you can't reach the server anymore?
I/O error,dev sda,sector 2048 op 0x0:(READ)flags 0x0 phys_seg 32 prio class 2
I/O error,dev sda,sector 0 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 0x0 phys)seg 32 prio class 2

My devsda shows pass, I also scanned for bad sectors in pe, but did not find any issues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!