Administrative panel for Proxmox

Tacioandrade

Renowned Member
Sep 14, 2012
Vitória da Conquista, Brazil
Good afternoon guys! I would like to know if anyone here in the group uses a basic opensource panel to manage Proxmox. I have a project that will need to provide customers with a panel with the options to turn on, off and access the VM console for users, however I would not like to give access to Proxmox directly and I am looking for an opensource panel for this.

Has anyone used one to recommend? I saw some very advanced ones with a monthly cost of 6 or 7 dollars like ConvoyPanel and Proxcp, but they have much more features than I really need and when we convert this value, for the project I'm trying to set up that won't be for VPS sales and Yes, for a team of developers to be able to manage their VMs without having to come to me, I don't know if the annual cost would be viable.

Thank you in advance for your help.

If you find one, do let everyone know. I suspect the challenge is that there is no sense in spending time to build "basic" front-end. One can achieve this via permissions/pools that are already available in Proxmox.

The advanced projects that cost money are geared towards businesses that make money from their infrastructure - cloud/vps providers. They clearly need much more advanced functionality, and it makes sense to create one. In some way to hide the complexity of PVE GUI that doesnt need to be exposed to basic users, in other way - add functionality thats missing, ie accounting.

Your other option is to write one and open source it. If all you need is on/off/console, that should be an easy way to wrap PVE API in your favorite programming language. I would even question why developers need console access over SSH or RDP.

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Reactions: Tacioandrade
I fully agree with you! It's unlikely that I'll find anything, mainly because I've been searching for a while now and haven't found anything.

In the case of development, I believe that the only part that would really be complex is the console part, as start, stop, etc. all have API calls. As for the Console part, I don't know how it would work, if I would have to do something like a reverse proxy or something like that to access it.

In the case of using the Proxmox interface, that's what I did initially, but some developers ended up getting lost in the interface, instead of logging in with the real Proxmox VE, they did it with the real local users, generating tickets, etc., so I thought about the possibility of a simplified application for its use.

s
In the case of using the Proxmox interface, that's what I did initially, but some developers ended up getting lost in the interface, instead of logging in with the real Proxmox VE, they did it with the real local users, generating tickets, etc., so I thought about the possibility of a simplified application for its use.
sometimes developers are the dumbest part of the company :) dont tell anyone.

You can tie PVE to an LDAP for centralized authentication.
Do a search for "proxmox vm console api" - lots of good examples, ie https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-console-connection-on-3rd-party-application.123445/

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Reactions: Tacioandrade
sometimes developers are the dumbest part of the company :) dont tell anyone.
The worst thing is that they are always like this. All the teams I've worked with programmers are always like this, the problem is never in the code, it's always in the network, in the database or the user, never theirs.

Thank you very much for the feedback, I didn't know that something was already ready in this way, in the worst case the implementation of the interface may not end up being as complex as I imagined in the future!

Thanks for the tip!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!