Adding physical to drive to storage pool

Petrus4

Feb 18, 2009
I have just added a new hd to my proxmox-ve machine. I would like to add it to the storage pool so I can add more kvm and openvz instances. So I am trying to extend the /dev/pve/data logical volume.

I am following the directions to do this here

Just wanted to make sure this is the correct way to do this on the proxmox-ve. If not, can someone direct me to the correct documenation?

thanks!

Anybody who successfully added storage please update this page.. I can't get the instructions provided in the link.. I need to add my 2 SATA drives as my additional storage.. Thanks..

Below is the screenshot after adding storage.. but I just wonder why my 228.39 has been used already even if this is a new added and reformatted sata drive.. Can't I use the whole 698.15?
View attachment 223

Then when I'll try to delete/edit it.. it says... please see the screenshot below...
View attachment 224
Thank you..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!