Adding new Storage - type iSCSI

jargrzyb

Mar 16, 2024
I'm struggle with accessibility of iSCSI storage LUN. Added resource is available only in one of my server in cluster. iSCSI target was created by me by using targetcli tool. I defined proper ACLs with name of my two server initiators(IQN name). There was added two entries one for each of server. The issue don't give my sleep. I thinking about it all time. I don't know what's wrong. If someone meet with something similar please give me a solution. I will be really appreciate. Additionally I attached two screenshots with my configuration.

Attachments

• iscsiStorage.png
    iscsiStorage.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 9
  • target_settings from targetcli.png
    target_settings from targetcli.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 8
There is not enough information in your post.
We can see that second node has a "?" next to iSCSI storage, which is an indication that it cant communicate to the storage for some reason.
Its possible that this is a network issue.

You need to review the logs on the second node, look for errors, warnings and other information related to iSCSI connectivity.
Additionally, you can run "pvesm status", "pvesm list", "iscsiadm -m node" and few other commands that can give you and us more details.

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

I put here new screenshot bundle - in accordance with your suggestion. One of them is wondering to me, it's clearly show us that on "serv2" there was no session established with sc resource, but on GIU level resource was attached (but with exclamation mark). Finally I used cmd and applied iscsiadm command to connect with target again. I don't believe, now sc target appear without exclamation mark in the GUI. Actually I don't understand nothing now, but problem was resolved. I have a hope that next time that issue not emerge. In another case I will be to bother your head again :) Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• iscsiadm_session.png
    iscsiadm_session.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
  • pvesm_list_sc.png
    pvesm_list_sc.png
    42 KB · Views: 7
  • serv1_pvesm_status.png
    serv1_pvesm_status.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 7
  • serv2_pvesm_status.png
    serv2_pvesm_status.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 6

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!