Add an external ceph pool with cephx

amir.ibrm

Jun 17, 2021
Hi,

I'm new to Proxmox, trying to use an external Ceph cluster for my Proxmox VM storage.

Here my storage.cfg regarding the storage :
rbd: ssd-pool-ext
content images
krbd 0
monhost 172.30.97.157 172.30.97.158 172.30.97.159
pool pool_ssd_test
username admin

I copied the client.admin keyring from my Ceph cluster to the Proxmox master node. I'm using cephx for authentication on the cluster so I put and rename the key here :

# ls /etc/pve/priv/ceph/
ssd-pool-ext.keyring

And when I'm in the Proxmox administration web page => Storage => ssd-pool-ext => Summary, everything looks fine. I get all the informations :
- Enable : Yes
- Active : Yes (sometimes says "no" but return to "yes" quickly)
- Graphs looks good.

But when I try to go to the "VM Disks" tab, "Loading..." stay a lot, and after that give me errors such as "Connection timed out (596)", "communication failure (0)", and few others.
Obviously, when I try to create a VM using this storage as hard drive, I get the same error : "error during cfs-locked 'storage-ssd-pool-ext' operation: rbd error: got lock timeout - aborting command"

Regards,
Amir

Edit : network issue between the two clusters... This problem is solved

Last edited:
Hi sir
Here I am facing the issue with
- Enable : Yes
- Active : No

Please suggest some solutions to make this RBD ceph storage active -yes

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!