Accessing Externally VMs Using VNC

Guillaume Soucy

Oct 20, 2017
L'Orignal, Canada
guillaumesoucy.com
Hello,

Is that possible to access my VMs remotely with VNC using TigerVNC client and not using the web based noVNC client provided with the PVE WebGUI? I don’t like the fact that strangers can attempt root login to my PVE hosts.

All that I could found on the internet is outdated posts and tutorials about how to do so with PVE 2.x o_O .

I was able to find posts on various forums with people facing the same challenge than me with no or few replies with no resolution to their questions.

I also found something on PVE’s Wiki but after having followed all steps, it fails to work.

Thanks in advance for some help,

Guillaume

Last edited:
I don't think it's possible to integrate nomachine into the Proxmox gui w/o Proxmox developers paying some kind of license to the company.

You might ask for a FreeNX integration feature request, but be prepared to wait a while (if ever) for implementation

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/FreeNX

Typically you install nomachine on both ends (client and server) - works on Linux, OSX/MacOS and Windows. You can fullscreen the client end

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!